
跟老鼠一樣大
Ronny saw something black moving quickly in the kitchen. He called for help right away.
羅尼在廚房裡看到黑色不明物體。他馬上求助。
move(v.)移動quickly(adv.)迅速地call for呼叫、call for help呼叫救援right away=at once馬上、立刻
Ronny: Ruth! Ruth!
羅尼:露絲!露絲!
Ruth: Keep your voice down! I’m watching TV.
露絲:小聲點,我在看電視。
keep the voice down把音量降低、小聲一點watch(v.)長時間的看、watch TV、watch a movie(on laptop or TV)
Ronny: I think there’s a cockroach as big as a rat in the kitchen.
羅尼:我想廚房裡面出現了一隻跟老鼠一樣大的蟑螂。
as…as跟什麼一樣
Ruth: Wait, what? Are you serious?
露絲:等等,什麼?你認真?
serious(adj.)認真的、嚴肅的
Ronny: Or a rat as big as a cockroach. I don’t know!
羅尼:或是一隻跟蟑螂一樣大的老鼠。我不知道啦!
Ruth: Alright, you coward. I’ll go take a look.
露絲:好啦,你這膽小鬼。我去看看。
coward膽小鬼、懦夫take a look瞧一瞧、look at視線對著某物看
Ronny: Do you see it? Near the sink.
羅尼:你有看到嗎?在流理台附近。
see(v.)看到、看見sink(n.)水槽
Ruth: There’s nothing.
露絲:沒有啊。
Ronny: Look closer!
羅尼:你仔細看!
closer更近一點look closer仔細看
Ruth: Oh, I see that cockroach now. It’s huge! Hang on a second.
露絲:噢,我看到那隻蟑螂了。真大隻啊!你等一下。
huge=very big大hang on a second or sec等一下
Ronny: Did you kill it?
羅尼:妳殺掉牠了嗎?
kill(v.)殺死
Ruth: Yep, I got it with my slipper.
露絲:沒錯,我用拖鞋打死牠了。
slipper(n.)拖鞋