
火源可能來自三樓
Jason and Julie are husband and wife. One day, when Jason got off work, he saw Julie standing outside their building.
傑森和茱莉是夫妻。有一天,傑森下班時,他看到茱莉站在他們大樓外面。
get off work下班主詞+感官動詞+受詞+Ving:強調事件發生當下動作正在持續或進行主詞+感官動詞+受詞+原形動詞:強調事實,表達完整的動作和事件的過程
Jason: Hey, honey. What’s up with the crowd?
傑森:嘿,親愛的,這人群是怎麼回事?
crowd(n.)人群,集合名詞
Julie: Our building caught fire an hour ago.
茱莉:我們大樓一小時前失火了。
catch fire著火、失火
Jason: No way! Were you inside our apartment at that moment?
傑森:不會吧!那個時候你在公寓裡嗎?
no way表驚訝、不要或門兒都沒有inside(adj.)裡面的at that moment那個時候
Julie: Yes. I heard the fire alarm ringing, so I grabbed my cellphone and rushed out of the house.
茱莉:是啊,我聽到火災警報器響起鈴聲,所以我抓起手機就衝出了屋子。
fire alarm火災警報器ring(v.)響起鈴聲grab(v.)抓住rush(v.)衝、奔跑
Jason: Oh my! What happened after that?
傑森:我的天啊!之後發生什麼事?
happen(v.)發生
Julie: When I went downstairs, I saw several fire trucks coming toward our building. It is likely that the fire was from the kitchen on the third floor. Luckily, the firefighters put out the fire quickly.
茱莉:當我下樓時,我看到幾臺消防車向我們大樓開過來,火源可能來自三樓的廚房,好在消防員很快就把火撲滅了。
downstairs(adv.)往樓下fire truck(美式)=fire engine(英式)=消防車likely(adj.)很可能的firefighter(n.)消防員put out a fire滅火
Jason: Did you get hurt or anything?
傑森:你有沒有受傷什麼的?
get hurt受傷
Julie: No. I am all right. But I can still feel my heart beating very fast right now.
茱莉:我沒事,但我現在還是覺得我的心跳得好快。
beat(v.)跳動、拍打
Jason: It was a close call. I am glad everything is fine.
傑森:真是有驚無險,我很高興一切都沒事。
close call有驚無險