
12小時低速行駛
Jason and Jessie are decorating their office for Halloween.
傑森和潔西正在為萬聖節佈置他們的辦公室。
decorate(v.)裝飾、打扮office(n.)辦公室
Jason: Where should we put the jack-o’-lanterns?
傑森:這些南瓜燈應該放哪裡?
should(aux.)應該jack-o’-lantern南瓜燈
Jessie: Hmm… How about on the corner? There’s enough space and we can put up the big posters on the wall.
潔西:嗯…角落如何呢?那裡有足夠的空間而且我們也可以在牆上貼上大海報。
corner(n.)角落、牆角enough(det.)充足、足夠space(n.)空間put up張貼poster(n.)海報
Jason: Do you know that in western countries, people hold pumpkin competitions?
傑森:妳知道在西方國家,人們會舉行南瓜比賽嗎?
western(adj.)西方的、西方國家的hold(v.)舉行、舉辦competition(n.)比賽、競賽
Jessie: I’ve heard about it.
潔西:我有聽說過。
hear(v.)聽說
Jason: On October 8th, a 2,170-pound (984 kilograms) pumpkin won the World Championship Pumpkin Weigh-Off in Northern California.
傑森:在10月8日,一顆2,170磅(約984公斤)的南瓜贏得了北加州的世界南瓜大賽。
pound(n.)磅championship(n.)冠軍賽、冠軍地位northern(adj.)北部的
Jessie: It’s hard to imagine how big it is!
潔西:真難想像它有多大顆。
imagine(v.)想像
Jason: The winner had to tie the giant pumpkin by rope and drive at a low speed for 12 hours to get to the competition venue.
傑森:獲勝者必須要用繩子捆住南瓜,並以低速行駛12小時才抵達比賽現場。
winner(n.)獲勝者、冠軍tie(v.)捆、綁giant(adj.)巨大的low(adj.)低的speed(n.)速度venue(n.)會場
Jessie: 12 hours?! You must be kidding me!
潔西:12小時?!你在開玩笑吧!
must(aux.)想必、一定kid(v.)開玩笑、哄騙
Jason: Believe it or not, it is true. The champion won US$7 per pound, so the prize money in total was US$15,190 (about NT$474,000)!
傑森:不管妳信不信,那是真的。這位冠軍贏得了每磅7美元,所以獎金總共是1萬5190美元(約新台幣47萬4000元)!
believe(v.)相信true(adj.)真的、真實的per(prep.)每一so(conj.)所以、因此prize(n.)獎、獎金total(n.)總額、總數