
修車與醫藥費
William is driving to work. He hits Sophia with his car by accident.
威廉開車去上班。他的車不小心撞到了蘇菲亞。
by accident意外地more by accident than design由於機緣巧合而非有意安排、無心插柳柳成蔭
William: Oh my gosh. Are you okay? I am so sorry. I didn’t see you.
威廉:天哪。你還好嗎?真對不起,我沒看到你。
Sophia: It’s okay. I think I am fine, but I am a little bruised. Can you help me up?
蘇菲亞:沒關係,我想我沒事,只是有點瘀青。你能扶我一把嗎?
bruise(n.)(v.)瘀傷、碰傷
William: Of course. Let’s get you off the road and onto the sidewalk.
威廉:當然。來,我們走到路邊上。
sidewalk(n.)人行道(英pavement)
Sophia: Do you think we should call the police?
蘇菲亞:你覺得我們應該報警嗎?
William: Yes, I think it’s best. I am so sorry for this. I’ll pay for the hospital.
威廉:是的,我想這樣最好。發生這樣的事我感到很抱歉。醫藥費用我會負責。
be sorry for sth.為某事感到抱歉、惋惜、難過pay(v.)支付
Sophia: I appreciate that. I hope my scooter is okay.
蘇菲亞:我很感激。我希望我的摩托車沒事。
appreciate(v.)感謝
William: I’ll make sure to get it fixed, or I can buy you a new one.
威廉:我一定會讓它被修好,或者我可以買一輛新的給你。
have or get sth. p.p (使役動詞+受詞+過去分詞) 使某物被~
Sophia: Thank you. I am just a little shaken up. I can’t believe this happened.
蘇菲亞:謝謝。我只是有點驚嚇。真不敢相信發生了這樣的事。
shake sb. up使某人震驚be shaken up受驚嚇believe(v.)相信happen(v.)發生
William: I am so sorry. Do you need me to call someone for you?
威廉:我很抱歉。你需要我幫你打電話給誰嗎?
Sophia: No, I have a friend who lives nearby. She can come and take me to the hospital.
蘇菲亞:不用了,我有個朋友就住在附近。她可以來接我去醫院。
nearby(adj.)(adv.)在附近
William: Okay, let’s wait for the police to come, and we can tell them what happened.
威廉:好的,我們就等警察來吧,然後告訴他們發生了什麼事。
wait for…等待…
Sophia: Sounds good. Thank you for being understanding.
蘇菲亞:就這麼辦。謝謝你的理解。
William: Of course. I’ll take care of everything.
威廉:當然。我會處理好一切。
take care of照料、照顧