
清明節環保新創意
Tom and Kate are preparing for Tomb Sweeping Day.
湯姆和凱特在為清明節作準備。
prepare(v.)準備
Tom: Let’s double check to make sure that we don’t miss anything out.
湯姆:再檢查一次確保我們沒有遺漏任何東西。
double check=重複檢查miss sth. out=遺漏
Kate: We have incense sticks, some offerings… Oh, we forgot to buy joss paper!
凱特:我們有香、供品⋯⋯啊,我們忘了買紙錢!
forget(v.)忘記remember(v.)記得
Tom: I’ve got this. We’ll pick it up tomorrow at Evergreen Plaza Hotel on our way to the columbarium.
湯姆:這我都處理好了。明天去拜拜的路上順便到長榮台糖酒店取貨就好了。
pick sth. up=取貨;取件cemetery=墓園;墓地
Kate: Wait, what does buying joss paper have anything to do with the hotel?
凱特:等等,買紙錢跟那家飯店有什麼關係?
have sth.(nothing) to do with=跟…有關聯;跟…無關
Tom: To get the cake. Don’t you remember the info I showed you the other day?
湯姆:為了拿蛋糕啊。妳記不記得我前幾天給妳看過的資訊?
info=information
Kate: Oh, you mean the sponge cake that is made into the shape of a stack of joss paper.
凱特:喔,你是說那個做成一疊紙錢形狀的海綿蛋糕啊。
be made into=被製成
Tom: Yeah. You said it’s eco-friendly and creative. So, I ordered one last week.
湯姆:對啊。你說環保而且有創意,所以我上週訂了一個。
order(n.)訂單(v.)下訂
Kate: How much is it? I need to have the money ready.
凱特:多少錢啊?我得把錢準備好。
Tom: The original price was NT$550, but I got an early bird deal, so it’s NT$480.
湯姆:原價是台幣550元,但我下單時有預購優惠,所以只要台幣480元。
original price=原價early bird ticket=早鳥票discount(n.)打折10% off=打九折