
新城市出差
Sarah is on a business trip to a new city. She is at an important dinner with a client.
莎拉到一個新城市出差,她在跟一位重要的客戶吃飯。
on a business trip出差city(n.)城市important(adj.)重要的client(n.)客戶
Sarah: What a delicious meal. Thank you for the wonderful dinner.
莎拉:真好吃,有這頓美好的晚餐真是謝謝你。
delicious(adj.)美味的meal(n.)餐點thank you for+n.為了某事感謝wonderful(adj.)美好的dinner(n.)晚餐
Client: Pleasure is mine. Would you like to order some coffee before we go?
客戶:這是我的榮幸,離開前你想喝點咖啡嗎?
pleasure(n.)快樂、榮幸order(v.)點餐coffee(n.)咖啡
Sarah: I couldn’t. I have an early start tomorrow.
莎拉:不了,我明天要早起。
early(adj.)早的start(n.)開始
Client: You’re right. Oh and look at the time, it’s getting late. (To the waiter) Check please!
客戶:也是,而且看看時間,滿晚了。(對著服務生)麻煩結帳!
late(adj.)晚的
Sarah: How much do I owe?
莎拉:我該給你多少?
owe(v.)欠
Client: Oh no please, it’s on me.
客戶:喔,不用了,我來。
it’s on me=it’s my treat=my treat我請客
Sarah: Thank you very much.
莎拉:真的很謝謝你。
Client: Would you like me to call a taxi for you?
客戶:需要幫你叫計程車嗎?
Sarah: That would be very helpful, thank you.
莎拉:如果可以就太好了,謝謝。
helpful(adj.)有幫助的
Client: Where would you like to go?
客戶:你要去哪裡?
Sarah: I would like to go to the Maynard Court Hotel. It’s on Lowry Road.
莎拉:我要去梅納科特飯店,在勞瑞路。
hotel(n.)飯店
Client: Ok. Well then Sarah, I look forward to seeing you at the sales meeting tomorrow.
客戶:好的,那麼莎拉,期待明天在銷售會議上見囉。
look forward to期待sale(n.)銷售meeting(n.)會議
Sarah: Same here. Good night.
莎拉:我也是,晚安。
same here我也是