
禁「足」六週
Alex and Quinn are talking on the phone.
艾力克斯跟奎恩在講電話。
talk(v.)說話phone(n.)電話
Alex: Do you want to play football later?
艾力克斯:你等等想踢足球嗎?
want(v.)想要play(v.)從事⋯⋯運動football(n.)足球later(adv.)晚一點
Quinn: I can’t, I broke my arm last week.
奎恩:我沒辦法,上週我手受傷斷了。
break(v.)打斷、弄壞arm(n.)手臂
Alex: Oh no, that’s very bad. When did you do that?
艾力克斯:喔不,太糟了,什麼時候發生的?
Quinn: Last week when I was on holiday. I was skiing and I fell over.
奎恩:上週我休假的時候,我溜冰跌倒。
holiday(n.)假日ski(v.)溜冰fall(v.)掉落,fall over跌倒
Alex: Did you have to go to the hospital?
艾力克斯:有去醫院嗎?
hospital(n.)醫院
Quinn: Yes, but I didn’t have to stay there for very long.
奎恩:有啊,但我不用在醫院待很久。
stay(v.)待著、停留
Alex: What did the doctors do? Did they put your arm in a sling?
艾力克斯:醫生怎麼說?有把你的手用懸帶吊起來嗎?
doctor(n.)醫師put(v.)放置arm(n.)手臂sling(n.)懸帶
Quinn: A sling — you mean a special bandage that holds up a broken arm? Yes, they put my arm in one.
奎恩:懸帶?你是說一種特別的繃帶可以支撐住斷掉的手吧?有啊,醫師有把我的手用懸帶吊著。
sling(n.)懸帶mean(v.)意思special(adj.)特別的bandage(n.)繃帶hold(v.)支撐break(v.)打斷、弄壞arm(n.)手臂put(v.)放置
Alex: How long will it take for you to get better?
艾力克斯:你什麼時候會好點啊?
Quinn: The doctors say six weeks. I don’t think I can play football for a while.
奎恩:醫生說要六週,我想短時間內我都無法踢足球了。
doctor(n.)醫師say(v.)說week(n.)週think(v.)認為play(v.)從事⋯⋯運動football(n.)足球a while一段時間
Alex: Poor you. Get well soon!
艾力克斯:好可憐,希望你快好起來!
poor(adj.)可憐的