
太冷不是太熱
Samantha is on holiday. She is renting an apartment by the beach.
莎曼莎在度假中,她在海邊租了一間公寓。
holiday(n.)假期、假日rent(v.)租用、租借apartment(n.)公寓by(prep.)在…旁邊beach(n.)海灘、沙灘
Receptionist: Hello, Sunshine Apartments front desk, how may I help you?
接待員:哈囉,陽光公寓服務台您好,我能如何幫您呢?
receptionist(n.)接待員sunshine(n.)陽光front(adj.)前面的desk(n.)書桌、辦公桌may(aux.)可以、能help(v.)幫忙、幫助
Samantha: Hi, I am in apartment number 4. I have some problems with my air conditioner.
莎曼莎:嗨,我住四號公寓,我的冷氣有點問題。
number(n.)號碼some(det.)一些problem(n.)問題
Receptionist: Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear that. What is the matter?
接待員:噢天啊,很抱歉聽到這個,是什麼問題呢?
dear(excl.)天哪sorry(adj.)抱歉的、對不起的hear(v.)聽到matter(n.)事情、事件
Samantha: It’s broken.
莎曼莎:它壞掉了。
Receptionist: I see. Is it very hot then?
接待員:我瞭解了,那現在很熱嗎?
see(v.)明白、了解very(adv.)非常、很hot(adj.)熱的then(adv.)那麼
Samantha: No, it is very, very cold. I’m frozen stiff!
莎曼莎:不,是非常、非常冷,我被凍僵了。
cold(adj.)冷的frozen(adj.)冰涼的、凍僵的stiff(adj.)僵硬的、僵直的
Receptionist: Do you have the remote?
接待員:您有遙控器嗎?
remote=remote control(n.)遙控器
Samantha: No, the remote isn’t here.
莎曼莎:沒有,遙控器不在這裡。
here(adv.)這裡、在這裡
Receptionist: Okay, I’ll send someone over as soon as possible then. While you wait, please come down to the beach bar. We will give you a free drink.
接待員:好的,那我會盡快請人過去;在您等的時候,請下來到海邊酒吧,我們會招待您免費的飲料。
send(v.)派遣someone(pron.)某人over(adv.)從一地到另一地as(adv.)和…一樣soon(adv.)很快as(conj.)如同…那樣possible(adj.)可能的as soon as possible盡快while(conj.)當…時wait(v.)等待come(v.)來down(adv.)向下、朝下bar(n.)酒吧give(v.)給予free(adj.)免費的drink(n.)飲料
Samantha: Thank you very much.
莎曼莎:非常謝謝你。
thank(v.)謝謝、感謝much(det.)多的、大量的