
唐西奇加盟湖人
Carly and Alan are friends. They are talking about watching a basketball game together tonight.
卡莉和艾倫是朋友,他們正在討論今晚要一起看籃球比賽。
Alan: What basketball game do you want to watch tonight?
艾倫:你今晚想看哪場比賽?
Carly: I want to watch the Lakers’ game!
卡莉:我想看湖人的比賽!
Alan: Really? But I thought you hated the Lakers. What made you change your mind?
艾倫:真的嗎?但我記得你超討厭湖人啊!怎麼突然改變心意了?
hate(v.)討厭、厭惡change one’s mind改變主意
Carly: My favorite player Luka Doncic was just traded to the team! I can’t wait to watch him play with LeBron James.
卡莉:因為我最喜歡的球員盧卡·唐西奇剛被交易到湖人隊!我迫不及待想看他跟詹姆斯一起打球了。
Alan: What?! Did I miss something? I thought the Mavericks would never trade him!
艾倫:什麼?!我錯過了什麼嗎?獨行俠怎麼可能把他交易到別的隊伍!
Carly: A lot of people — even other NBA players — were surprised by the trade. Many people are calling it a blockbuster. The Mavericks got Anthony Davis from the Lakers.
卡莉:很多人——甚至連其他NBA球員——都對這筆交易感到震驚。大家都說這是令人震撼的交易,湖人把安東尼·戴維斯送去獨行俠了。
be surprised by…因~而感到驚訝
Alan: Wow! Doncic and James playing on the same team will be crazy to watch!
艾倫:哇!唐西奇跟詹姆斯同隊一定超精彩!
the same N.一樣的事物the same as跟~一樣
Carly: Yep! I totally agree. So we’ll watch the Lakers’ game tonight, right?
卡莉:沒錯!完全同意!所以今晚我們要看湖人的比賽,對吧?
totally(adv.)完全地、徹底地agree(v.)同意disagree(v.)不同意against(prep.)反對
Alan: For sure! I’m so excited for this!
艾倫:當然!我超期待!
for sure肯定、一定