
出乎意外的現身
Willie and Eve are friends. They are chatting.
威利和伊芙是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Eve: Hi, Willie. What are you doing?
伊芙:嗨,威利。你在做什麼呢?
Willie: My girlfriend’s birthday is coming up. I’m thinking about giving her a surprise.
威利:我女友的生日快到了。我在想要給她驚喜。
give sb. sth.= give sth. to sb.給某人某物
Eve: Well, I can tell you what my boyfriend did for my birthday.
伊芙:嗯,我可以跟你說我男友為我生日做了什麼。
Willie: Great! I really need some ideas.
威利:太棒了!我真的需要一些想法。
idea(n.)想法、主意
Eve: He showed up at my place after work, and I didn’t know that he was coming here.
伊芙:他在下班後出現在我家,而且我不知道他會來。
show up出現、露面
Willie: Didn’t he tell you before that?
威利:他沒有事先告訴你嗎?
Eve: No. He said he was busy working that day, so he couldn’t come to see me.
伊芙:沒有。他說他那天工作很忙,所以沒辦法來見我。
busy(adj.)忙碌的
Willie: But he turned up all of a sudden?
威利:但他突然出現?
turn up突然出現all of a sudden一下子、突然間
Eve: Yes, I cried when I saw him holding a bunch of flowers, wishing me a Happy Birthday.
伊芙:是啊。我一看到他拿著一束花並祝我生日快樂就哭了。
cry(v.)哭泣hold(v.)拿著、握住bunch(n.)串、束wish(v.)祝福
Willie: Maybe I can do the same for my girlfriend.
威利:或許我可以對我女友做一樣的事。
same(adj.)相同的、一樣的different(adj.)不同的
Eve: Not a bad idea.
伊芙:這是不錯的點子。
Willie: Great! I will do it then.
威利:太棒了!到時就這麼做。