
不要花費太多錢
Mary and TJ are friends. They are chatting.
瑪莉和提傑是朋友,他們在聊天。
chat(v.)聊天
Mary: Next Friday is Jason’s birthday. I am going to buy him a present, but I don’t know what he needs.
瑪莉:下週五是傑森的生日,我要買禮物給他,但我不知道他需要什麼。
buy sb. sth.買東西給某人=buy sth. for sb.need(v.)需要
TJ: Do you know what he likes?
提傑:你知道他喜歡什麼嗎?
like(v.)喜歡
Mary: Well, I know he is into manga.
瑪莉:我知道他喜歡日本漫畫。
be into sth.對⋯有興趣、熱衷於⋯manga(n.)日本漫畫
TJ: Ha! You came to the right person. The most popular manga right now has got to be “Demon Slayer.”
提傑:哈!那你問對人了。現在最受歡迎的日本漫畫就屬「鬼滅之刃」了。
most(adv.)最popular(adj.)受歡迎的
Mary: Is that the one with a girl turning into a demon and her brother trying to save her?
瑪莉:是那部一個女孩變成鬼,她哥哥試著去救她的漫畫嗎?
turn into變成demon(n.)惡鬼save(v.)拯救
TJ: Yes, it is. A lot of products are about this manga, like action figures, t-shirts, stationery, etc. Jason will certainly like it.
提傑:是啊,很多產品都跟這部漫畫有關,像是公仔、T恤、文具等等,傑森一定會喜歡的。
product(n.)產品action figure公仔stationery(n.)文具,stationary(adj.)不動的、停滯的
Mary: Sounds great. Can you go shopping with me this weekend?
瑪莉:聽起來不錯,這週末你可以跟我一起去買嗎?
go shopping購物、逛街
TJ: Sure. I will be free this Saturday afternoon. Let’s meet at yours at two o’clock.
提傑:好啊,週六下午我有空,兩點鐘在你家碰面。
free(adj.)空閒的at yours=at your house(apartment)在你家
Mary: It’s a deal. I just hope this present won’t break the bank.
瑪莉:就這麼說定了。我只希望這禮物不要花我太多錢啊。
deal(n.)交易break the bank花大錢