
牙線牙刷同陣線
Jasmine has a swollen face today.
茉莉今天臉腫腫的。
swollen(adj.)腫大的、膨脹的
Johnson: Hey Jasmine, you’re not looking very well today. Your cheek’s all swollen.
強森:嘿,茉莉,妳今天看起來不太好耶,臉頰腫腫的。
cheek(n.)臉頰
Jasmine: I have a bad toothache. It has been hurting for several days.
茉莉:我有嚴重的牙痛;已經痛了我幾天了。
hurt(v.)使感到疼痛、弄傷several(det.)一些、幾個
Johnson: Toothaches are really annoying. Why don’t you go see a dentist?
強森:牙齒痛非常惱人耶,妳沒去看牙醫嗎?
annoying(adj.)惱人的、討厭的dentist(n.)牙科醫生
Jasmine: I’m about to go after work. Ouch! It hurts so bad.
茉莉:我下班要去。哎呀,好痛呀!
be about to即將、準備要after work下班ouch(excl.)哎喲bad(adv.)很、非常
Johnson: How do you clean your teeth every day?
強森:妳每天都怎麼清潔牙齒?
Jasmine: I brush them after each meal. Why?
茉莉:我每餐後會刷牙,怎麼了呢?
brush(v.)刷、刷淨meal(n.)餐、一頓飯
Johnson: Dentists suggest we should rinse our mouth and floss after meals. Then 30 minutes later, we should brush our teeth again.
強森:牙醫師建議我們餐後應該漱口接著使用牙線清潔牙齒,30分鐘後再刷牙。
suggest(v.)建議should(aux.)應該rinse(v.)沖洗、漱floss(v.)用牙線清潔牙縫later(adv.)晚些時候、過些時候
Jasmine: Using dental floss? I’ve never tried flossing before. Perhaps I should start using it from now on.
茉莉:用牙線嗎?我之前從沒試過耶;也許我應該從現在起開始用。
dental(adj.)口腔的floss(n.)絲線、牙線before(adv.)以前perhaps(adv.)或許、可能from now on從現在起
Johnson: Very good! Please remember to clean every single tooth carefully.
強森:非常好。請記得要仔細地清潔每一顆牙齒哦!
single(adj.)單一的carefully(adv.)小心地、仔細地