
塗防曬油都沒用
Sasha has been at the beach. She meets her boyfriend at home.
莎夏一直待在海邊,她在家裡和男友會合。
Tom: Hey babe, how was the beach?
湯姆:嘿,寶貝,海邊如何呀?
Sasha: Beautiful. I spent all afternoon lounging around the sands and swimming in the sea, but I don’t feel so great now.
莎夏:很美哦,我花了整個下午在沙灘上消磨時間並且在海裡游泳,但我現在感覺不太棒。
spend(v.)花、度過lounge around悠閒度日、消磨時間sands(n.)沙灘
Tom: No, actually you don’t look very well at all.
湯姆:不,實際上妳看起來一點也不好。
actually(adv.)實際上、事實上、的確
Sasha: I feel tired and sick — my skin is very sore, too.
莎夏:我覺得很累又不舒服,我的皮膚也很痛。
sick(adj.)生病的、不舒服的skin(n.)皮膚sore(adj.)痛得、疼痛的
Tom: It sounds like you have a bad sunburn.
湯姆:聽起來妳被嚴重曬傷了。
sound(v.)聽起來like(prep.)像是
Sasha: I can’t be burnt. I put on lots of sun cream this morning.
莎夏:我不會被曬傷啊,我早上抹了許多防曬油耶!
burn(v.)曬傷put on塗、抹lots of許多、大量cream(n.)護膚霜
Tom: You can still get burnt even if you wear sun cream. You probably spent too much time in the sun and didn’t drink enough water.
湯姆:即使妳塗抹防曬油,還是會曬傷的。妳可能在太陽下待太久,而且沒有喝足夠的水。
still(adv.)依然、還是even if即使、儘管wear(v.)塗抹probably(adv.)很可能、大概enough(det.)充足、充分
Sasha: Speaking of it, I didn’t drink much at all.
莎夏:說到這個,我一點也沒喝很多水耶!
speak of談到、說到
Tom: Exactly, that’s probably why you feel bad — you’re dehydrated.
湯姆:沒錯,那可能是妳不舒服的原因—妳脫水了。
exactly(adv.)精確的dehydrated(adj.)脫水的、極度乾渴的
Sasha: What should I do then?
莎夏:那我應該怎麼做?
should(aux.)應該
Tom: You need to lie down somewhere cool and shady and drink lots of water. I’ll go get you some after sun — it’s a special cream that makes the sunburn less painful.
湯姆:妳需要在涼爽陰暗處躺下以及喝許多的水。我會去幫妳拿些曬後舒緩用品—它是種特殊的乳霜,會使曬傷不那麼痛。
lie(v.)躺somewhere(adv.)在某處、在某地shady(adj.)陰涼的、陰暗的get(v.)拿來、取來after sun日曬後用品special(adj.)特別的、特殊的make(v.)使成為、使變得less(adv.)更少、較小painful(adj.)痛苦的
Sasha: Thanks, Tom. You’re the best.
莎夏:謝啦,湯姆,你最棒了!
thank(v.)感謝、謝謝