
退出賭注
Tim and Gina are colleagues. They are going to a sports bar with some colleagues tonight.
蒂姆和吉娜是同事。他們今晚要和一些同事去運動酒吧。
sports bar運動酒吧
Tim: I can’t wait to see the game.
蒂姆:我等不及要看比賽了。
game(n.)比賽
Gina: Which side are you on?
吉娜:你支持哪支球隊?
side(n.)一邊
Tim: The Tiger. I made a bet with Jack.
蒂姆:老虎隊。我和傑克打了個賭。
bet(n., v.)打賭、賭注
Gina: Really! Is this your first time making a bet with him?
吉娜:真的嗎!這是你第一次和他打賭嗎?
Tim: Yeah. What’s wrong?
蒂姆:對啊。怎麼了?
Gina: He is a bad loser. He will be all angry if he loses.
吉娜:他很輸不起呢。賭輸了他都會生氣。
angry(adj.)生氣的、lose his temperlose(v.)輸掉
Tim: Oh no. Is it that bad?
蒂姆:不,有那麼糟糕嗎?
Gina: There was one time that he was yelling at everybody in the room. He was the talk of the town.
吉娜:有一次他對房間裡的每個人失控大吼大叫,大家都一直在講。
yell(v.)大吼大叫the talk of the town眾人的話題
Tim: Maybe I should call it quits.
蒂姆:也許我應該退出這個賭注。
call it quits宣布退出
Gina: It’s too late.
吉娜:太遲囉。