
風格和時尚
Jacob runs into his friend, Emma, outside the supermarket.
雅各在超市外面遇到了朋友艾瑪。
run into撞見、巧遇=come across or bump intooutside(prep.)外面、inside(prep.)裡面
Jacob: Emma! How nice!
雅各:艾瑪!真巧!
Emma: What are you doing here?
艾瑪:你在這裡做什麼?
Jacob: I was just shopping for a party I’m hosting this Saturday. You should come!
雅各:我只是在幫星期六的派對買點東西。你也應該來參加!
shop for sth.購物host(v.)主持、主辦、host a party=have a party=throw a party
Emma: Sounds fun! Is there a theme?
艾瑪:聽起來很有趣!有主題嗎?
theme(n.)主題
Jacob: Yes, I want everyone to dress up like people from the 1920s.
雅各:有,我希望每個人都穿得像1920年代的人。
dress up裝扮
Emma: Like “The Great Gatsby!”
艾瑪:就像《大亨小傳》!
The Great Gatsby大亨小傳
Jacob: Exactly! I always like the style and the fashion from that time.
雅各:沒錯!我一直都很喜歡那個時代的風格和時尚。
style(n.)風格、stylish(adj.)時髦的fashion(n.)時尚、fashionable(adj.)時尚的
Emma: I’ll find something to wear.
艾瑪:我會找件適合的衣服穿的。
wear-wore(v.)穿著
Jacob: Nice! You can show up around eight.
雅各:不錯!你可以八點左右到就好。
show up出現
Emma: No problem.
艾瑪:沒問題。