
UberEats和Foodpanda也在內
Ricky and Julia work in the same office. It’s almost noon.
瑞克與茱莉雅在同個辦公室工作,快中午了。
work(v.)工作office(n.)辦公室almost(adv.)幾乎
Ricky: Hey, are you hungry? It’s too hot out there. I’m thinking about ordering some food on Uber Eats.
瑞克:嘿,你餓了嗎?外面太熱了,我在想要不要用Ubreeats訂東西來吃。
think about考慮order(v.)點單
Julia: Good idea. But I read some disturbing news this morning. It said that many of the restaurants working with food apps failed the CPC hygiene inspections.
茱莉雅:好主意,但我早上看到一個令人擔心的新聞,上面說有很多外送app的餐廳沒通過消保處檢驗。
disturbing(adj.)令人擔心的fail(v.)失敗、沒有達到hygiene(n.)衛生inspection(n.)檢查
Ricky: What? I thought those food delivery apps chose good, clean restaurants only.
瑞克:什麼?我以為他們這種外送app會選優良又乾淨的餐廳合作。
delivery(n.)運送choose(v.)選擇
Julia: Not really. Among the 232 restaurants that were inspected, more than 100 failed at least one of the five ingredient and hygiene standards.
茱莉雅:不盡然,在抽查的232間餐廳中,有超過100間不符5項原料衛生標準的一項。
inspect(v.)檢查fail(v.)失敗、沒有達到at least至少ingredient(n.)原料hygiene(n.)衛生standard(n.)標準
Ricky: Sounds horrible! It will definitely affect consumers’ health, especially during the summer.
瑞克:聽起來真糟糕,這絕對會影響消費者的健康,尤其現在是夏天。
definitely(adv.)絕對affect(v.)影響consumer(n.)消費者
Julia: You’re right. The news even mentioned bunches of cockroaches fleeing in certain restaurants.
茱莉雅:你說得對,新聞還提到說,有特定餐廳甚至出現一大群蟑螂逃竄。
mention(v.)提及cockroach(n.)蟑螂flee(v.)逃竄
Ricky: I can’t believe it!
瑞克:我不敢相信。
Julia: I guess we should go out and pick a nice, tidy restaurant together?
茱莉雅:我想我們就一起出去選家乾乾淨淨的好餐廳吧?
pick(v.)選擇tidy(adj.)整潔的
Ricky: Sure thing.
瑞克:當然。