
以小時計費
Zack and Iris are talking about the new service at 7-Eleven.
查克和艾瑞絲正在討論7-11的新服務。
service(n.)服務
Iris: Check out this news. 7-Eleven really outdid themselves.
艾瑞絲:看看這新聞。7-11真的超越自己了。
outdid(v.)超越
Zack: What did they do?
查克:他們做了什麼?
Iris: They came up with the idea of building booths in some of their branches for rental.
艾瑞絲:他們想出了一個點子,就是在他們某些分店裡建造可供出租的包廂。
idea(n.)點子branch(n.)分店
Zack: Who needs that? I think the service is not gonna last.
查克:誰需要這個?我想這個服務不會持續很久。
last(v.)持續
Iris: I don’t think so. Many people need personal spaces for different purposes, like working or studying.
艾瑞絲:我不認為。很多人因為不同的目的而需要個人空間,比如工作或讀書。
personal(adj.)個人的
Zack: True. That’s why we have offices and libraries.
查克:這就是為什麼我們有辦公室和圖書館啊。
library(n.)圖書館
Iris: We can’t go to these places because of Covid, can we?
艾瑞絲:但現在因為新冠肺炎,我們沒辦法去這些地方,對吧?
place(n.)地方
Zack: You’re right. I didn’t think of that.
查克:妳說得對,我沒想到。
right(adj.)正確的
Iris: Also, you can rent it by the hour and then pay with your credit card or smartphone.
艾瑞絲:而且是以小時計費,可以用信用卡或智慧手機支付。
credit card(n.)信用卡
Zack: How much do they charge per hour?
查克:每小時怎麼收費呢?
charge(v.)收費per hour=每小時
Iris: It depends on the type of booth, but overall, the cost would be under a hundred dollars per person.
艾瑞絲:這取決於包廂類型,但整體而言一個人大約在一百元以下。
overall(adj.)整體而言
Zack: That’s a great deal. Now I kind of want to try the service myself.
查克:真划算呢。現在我有點想要自己嘗試一下這個服務。
deal(n.)交易kind of=表達不確定、大致上