
春節後發放
Emma and Paul are at a coffee shop. They are chatting.
艾瑪和保羅在一間咖啡廳,他們正在閒聊。
chat(v.)聊天
Emma: Did you hear the news?
艾瑪:你聽說這個消息了嗎?
hear(v.)聽到、聽說
Paul: About what?
保羅:什麼消息?
Emma: About the government giving us NT$6,000 each. Is that true?
艾瑪:關於政府會發給我們每人6000元新台幣。那是真的嗎?
government(n.)政府govern(v.)統治governor(n.)統治者
Paul: What?! Shocking. Well, I have to see that kind of news if that’s true. Let me check.
保羅:什麼?真是令人震驚。好吧,如果是真的,我不能錯過這種新聞。讓我看看。
shocking(adj.)令人震驚的
Emma: Ha! Look. You just spilled your coffee.
艾瑪:哈,小心點。你剛聽到新聞就打翻了你的咖啡。
spill(v.)灑出、流出、濺出
Paul: It says on the news that the money is expected to be paid by the end of February or early March at the earliest.
保羅:新聞上說,預計最早將在2月底或3月初發放這筆錢。
expect(v.)意料之中的、預期的
Emma: Does that mean we won’t be able to get it before Chinese New Year?
艾瑪:這樣是否代表我們在春節前就無法拿到了?
get it拿到
Paul: Yes. It seems that way.
保羅:是的。看來是這樣。
seem(v.)似乎、仿佛
Emma: Why did the government suddenly decide to do this?
艾瑪:政府為什麼突然決定這麼做?
suddenly(adv.)突然地all of a sudden突然之間
Paul: I’m not quite sure. But hey, how do you plan on using the money?
保羅:這個我不太清楚。但是,嘿,你打算怎麼使用這筆錢呢?
quite(adv.)完全地、徹底地
Emma: How about we both chip in a little bit for Susan’s birthday party in March?
艾瑪:我們倆用這筆錢湊一點為蘇珊三月的生日辦派對怎麼樣?
chip in合資
Paul: Oh jeez, do I have to? I can barely get by this month.
保羅:哦,天哪,我一定要嗎?這個月我都快沒錢撐下去了。
get by勉強過得去