
5000年巨石陣
Lisa and Lucas are in a cafe.
麗莎和盧卡斯正在一間咖啡店。
Lisa: Hi, Lucas, what are you looking at?
麗莎:嗨,盧卡斯,你在看什麼呢?
look at注視,看著
Lucas: Oh, hi. I’m just looking at a photo of Stonehenge.
盧卡斯:噢,嗨。我只是在看巨石陣的照片。
just(adv.)只是,僅僅Stonehenge巨石陣
Lisa: Stonehenge? What’s that?
麗莎:巨石陣?那是什麼?
Lucas: It’s a really old stone circle in England, close to my hometown. I’m writing a report about it for school.
盧卡斯:它是個在英格蘭非常古老的石頭圓圈,靠近我的家鄉;我正在為學校寫一篇關於它的報告。
circle(n.)圓圈,圓形hometown(n.)家鄉report(n.)報告
Lisa: A stone circle? Why are you wasting your time looking at a stone circle?
麗莎:石頭圓圈?為什麼你要浪費時間看石頭圓圈呢?
waste(v.)浪費
Lucas: Well, what’s special about it is that it’s really, really old – 5000 years old, and no one knows why it was built!
盧卡斯:這個嘛,關於它特別的是他真的非常、非常古老。5000年,而沒有人知道為什麼會建造它。
special(adj.)特別的build(v.)建築,建造
Lisa: Wow. It’s even older than Chinese writing!
麗莎:哇!它甚至比中國文字還要古老耶!
even(adv.)甚至更,愈加writing(n.)文字
Lucas: Yes. Actually, there are more than 900 ancient stone circles around England, but Stonehenge is the most famous.
盧卡斯:是啊!事實上,英格蘭有超過九百個古老的石頭圓圈,但巨石陣是其中最有名的一個。
actually(adv.)事實上,實際上more than超過ancient(adj.)古老的,年代久遠的around(prep.)周圍,圍繞
Lisa: Cool. Maybe one day I’ll go visit them all.
麗莎:酷!也許有一天我會去參觀它們全部!
maybe(adv.)也許,大概