
「第三隻眼」技巧公開
Job interviews can be daunting.
工作面試可能會令人氣餒。
daunting(adj.)令人氣餒的、令人卻步的=intimidating
You have about 20 to 30 minutes to convince someone you’ve never met that you are a wonderful person who would be perfect for the job.
你有大概20至30分鐘的時間讓素昧平生的人相信你是這份工作的最佳人選。
convince(v.)說服、使相信、使信服persuade(v.)說服
And they have the same short time to make sure that you are not lazy, dishonest, socially awkward, and are generally a good candidate to work at the company.
而對方僅有如此短暫的時間能確認你並非懶散、不誠實、不善交際,且整體來說是個適合在這家公司工作的人選。
socially awkward有社交障礙的
But there are things that people do during an interview that can really annoy the interviewer.
但是有些在面試時的行為可能真的會惹惱面試官。
interview(n.)面試interviewer(n.)面試者;面試官interviewee(n.)接受面試的人
For one, be clean and neatly dressed, but don’t put on so much cologne or perfume that it can be smelled before you come into the room.
首先,保持乾淨且衣著整齊,但切忌擦過多的古龍水或香水,讓你還沒有進門就先被聞到。
For one (thing) 其一;首先neatly(adv.)整齊地;整潔地
It may be a nice smell, but too much of a fragrance is a distraction.
雖然味道很香,但是過多的香味會令人分心。
distraction(n.)使分心、使轉移注意力的事物
And speaking of too much, not only should you avoid freezing up and staying silent (which is never good), but also avoid non-stop talking.
說到太多,避免呆住和沈默不語(這永遠不是件好事),但也不要說個不停。
speaking of~說到freeze up (因怯場而)呆住non-stop(adj.)(adv.)不間斷的
Keep answers brief (about two to three minutes long) and allow the interviewer to move on to the next question.
維持簡短的答覆(約莫2至3分鐘),讓面試官能夠進行下個問題。
You may as well use a clear, professional way of speaking, but not slang.
使用簡潔專業術語,而非俚語。
may as well RV(勸告)不妨;最好slang(n.)俚語
Don’t forget to stay focused, and ask questions that are related to the job.
別忘記要保持專注,並詢問跟工作有關的問題。
be related to~和…有關的
And please, please, remember to make eye contact.
還有請務必保持眼神接觸。
make eye contact保持眼神接觸
It shows confidence and respect for the person you’re talking to.
這能顯示出自信以及對和你講話的人表示尊敬。
respect(n.)尊敬、尊重
If you feel too nervous or shy, then look at the spot between their eyes, also known as the “third eye”.
如果你感覺過於緊張或害羞,那麼就看著對方兩眼之間的地方,也就是「第三隻眼」。
as known as…又叫做;亦稱作是=aka