
期盼新年的到來
Allen and Pam are colleagues. They are having lunch together.
艾倫和潘是同事。他們一起吃午飯。
have lunch吃午餐
Allen: It’s September already?
艾倫:已經九月了?
already(adv.)已經
Pam: Yeah. It became autumn before you knew it.
潘:對啊。不知不覺就秋天了。
become-became(v.)變成autumn=fall秋天before you know it不知不覺
Allen: I feel like we just finished the Dragon Boat Festival.
艾倫:我覺得才剛剛過完端午節。
finish(v.)結束Dragon Boat Festival端午節
Pam: I think it’s a good thing.
潘:我認為這是一件好事。
Allen: Why?
艾倫:為什麼?
Pam: The year 2020 so far is by no means a good one.
潘:到目前為止看來,2020年絕對不是一個好年頭。
so far目前為止by no means絕對不是
Allen: That’s true.
艾倫:這倒是。
Pam: I’ll just hope for a whole new year to come.
潘:我只期盼明年新的一年的到來。
hope for希望whole new完全新的
Allen: I get it. We all need a fresh start to get rid of 2020.
艾倫:我懂。我們都需要一個能擺脫2020的嶄新開始。
a fresh start嶄新的開始get rid of擺脫、丟掉
Pam: Three months to go.
潘:剩下三個月!
to go還有多少、two more laps to go還剩下兩圈