
新台幣78萬元
Jason and Natasha are colleagues. They are passing by an electronics store.
傑森和娜塔莎是同事。他們路過一家3C產品店。
pass by經過electronics電子產品、3C=computer, communications, consumer-electronics
Jason: Oh! There are new smartphones on the market again!
傑森:哦!又有新款的智慧型手機!
Natasha: Are you thinking about getting a new one?
娜塔莎:你在考慮再換一支嗎?
Jason: Yes. I’ve used my phone for over a year. I think it’s time.
傑森:嗯嗯。我這支手機用了一年多了。是時候了。
Natasha: Really? Don’t you think you’ve spent too much money on these electronics?
娜塔莎:真的嗎?你不覺得你在電子產品上花了太多錢嗎?
spend money on sth.花費
Jason: Not at all. I’ve read a survey about it by Back Market.
傑森:完全不這樣覺得呢。我之前有看到Back Market的相關調查。
survey(n.)意見調查
Natasha: What is that?
娜塔莎:那是什麼?
Jason: It’s an e-commerce platform in the UK. According to the survey, a quarter of their users change phones every year. They prefer just getting a new one to having their old phones fixed if they are broken.
傑森:英國的一個3C電商平台。根據調查,四分之一的用戶每年都會換手機。如果舊手機壞了,他們寧可買一支新手機,也不要送修。
e-commerce電商prefer A to B、偏好A而不是B、prefer to do sth.較喜歡have sth. fixed把東西修好broken(adj.)壞掉的
Natasha: I wonder how many phones a person buys in their lifetime.
娜塔莎:我好想知道一個人一生會有幾支手機呢。
Jason: They have the answer as well. 16! And on average, people spent around NT$780,000 on electronics in their lifetime.
傑森:他們也有答案。16支!平均而言,一個人一生在電子產品上的花費大約是新台幣78萬元。
on average平均而言around大約=roughly
Natasha: How amazing!
娜塔莎:太驚人了!