
隱沒在雲霧裡的煙火
Jason and Helen are colleagues. They just came back to work after the long New Year weekend.
傑森和海倫是同事。今天是新年連假後的第一天。
long weekend連假
Jason: Happy New Year! How was your long weekend?
傑森:新年快樂!連假得怎麼樣?
Helen: Happy New Year to you, too! It was nice and cold. I went camping in the mountains.
海倫:新年快樂!我去山上露營。山上很冷但還不錯。
mountain(n.)山
Jason: Oh! Did you see the first sunrise of the year?
傑森:哦!你看到今年第一個日出了嗎?
sunrise(n.)日出、sunset(n.)日落
Helen: No, it was hidden behind the clouds. What about you? Didn’t you hang out with your friends near 101?
海倫:沒有,被隱沒在雲層後面。你呢?你不是和朋友在101附近晃晃嗎?
hide-hid-hidden(v.)隱藏、躲起來hang out出去玩
Jason: Well, I’ll show you the pictures. You can see for yourself.
傑森:對啊,我給你看照片。你可以自己看看。
see for yourself自己看看
Helen: Wow, did the 101 building catch fire that night? Did the firework show go wrong?
海倫:哇,101著火了嗎?煙火秀是不是搞砸了?
firework show煙火秀
Jason: No! It was too foggy that night. We couldn’t see anything.
傑森:不!那天晚上霧太大了。什麼也看不見。
foggy(adj.)大霧的
Helen: Really? What a pity!
海倫:真的嗎?太可惜了。
What a pity可惜
Jason: It’s a shame. I thought I was going to see an amazing firework show!
傑森:好失望,我還以為可以看到一場精彩的煙火秀呢!
It is a shame可惜amazing(adj.)驚人的
Helen: Well, we can always hope for a better one next year… No! This year.
海倫:嗯,反正總是可以期待明年的跨年……不!是今年的。